Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Oh dear! I've been "Tagged" by dear Miss Heidi, and now I have to "list 7 weird things about myself!!!" I came up with some ideas, but still I had to copy Heidi's example of asking others around here what they think! After all, that's the true picture, right? So, here's my list! It's supposed to make you laugh, cry, scrunch up your face in horror...
1. I've been told I smile too much! Not much I can do about that, since it's an emotion, isn't it?
2. I've been told numerous times, in a negative way, that I am too nice!!! Horrible, huh?
3. Now I'll shock you! I can't ride a bike!!!
4. I can't swim!!! All I can do is dog-paddle, just like my mom!
5. My toes curl under???
6. I laugh too much, and many times at inappropriate times and places!!! Church, the doctor's office, while singing in front of the church!!! Dinner...you get the picture!
7. Now, I asked Bruce (my husband) what he would say. Here's his answer: "I would NOT answer that!!!"
So, I asked Erica (my daughter) what she would say. She got a funny look on her face and reminded me how I "tend to talk about the grossest things while we eat! Medical things about people or animals, even with company present!"
8. I had to ask Nathan (my son), too, since he's so witty! He excitedly said, "Oh, I've got a good one! You wear my pajamas!!!"
9. For fun, I asked my daughter's (very helpful) boyfriend, Collin, what he would say. Oh was he ever helpful! But he very kindly said, "Oh, this is awkward." Then he gave his list:
a. "You're overly obsessed with crafts."
Collin: "let's see...what else..." Me: "I only needed 7!"
b. Collin: "You're super-nice to everyone." (He didn't realize that could also be a negative! (See above.)
c. Collin: "You watch the TV on your computer rather than on your big screen TV."
I had to stop him. I think he'd go on and on...He's just so helpful!
OK, there you go. Hope you like this list. And now who shall I tag? I don't know very many people with Blogs! Nevertheless, I hereby TAG: Roberta, Elizabeth, Erica, Collin!, Nathan, Thuy, and Sue! And, this tagging business is actually a DARE! Here's the rules: You write your list of 7 weird things about yourself, then go tag 7 more people! Have fun!
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
This is a direct quote from my Bruce, "You spent all that time on that???" UGH! However, he was right! I had a huge mess surrounding me, papers on the floor, and just a little 2.5" X 3.5" card to show for it! But what fun! Bruce understands hobbies, and has recently taken up a renewed interest in golf. And golf is time consuming, not much to show when you're done, AND expensive!
Here are some of my recent ATCs. The first four and last four cards were made with some of the Vintage supplies Heidi gave me for my birthday!
Some of the other cards will go to a partner for the "Found on a Walk" Swap. I found all those little felt circles while on a walk, the side jewels on that purple one, and of course the bird's egg. I'll show the rest of the cards in that category when I get closer to the due date for that swap. It's a great idea! I'm also pressing a few flowers for that theme.
So here you go! Here's how I've been having fun lately!