Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mary Engelbreit Project by Erica


Today, Erica got home from work and excitedly said, "Mom, I made you something!" Yah, just like when she was younger! It sounded so sweet! She presented me with this Mary Engelbreit collage, made from some old tear off ME calendars. I didn't realize she had a copy of my "Sallie at the lake picture", and it's amazing how well that fit in!

Here are the Maryisms she picked for me:
Anything is Possible.
How kind you were to open the gates of heaven and give me that little glimpse of paradise.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.
The beginning is always today.
Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending.
When you reach the end of your rope tie a know in it and hang on.
Hang your troubles out to dry.
Skill to do comes of doing.
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.

I enjoy buying and selling on eBay! I especially like when my seller's bid area turns GREEN! That means I have a bid on something! However, sometimes I bid and buy a little too quickly, and get things that are broken, stained, tiny, or - like in the case of my Mary Engelbreit calendar this year, the wrong date! That's right, I recently accidentally won a bid on a 2004 tear-off Mary Engelbreit calendar! I figured I had 2 choices with it: Save it til 2011 when the days will be correct, or use it for crafts. So, without even opening it, I handed it to Erica last night. She brought it to school today for her students to cut and paste, and looks like she joined them, and was able to run home and proudly give her Mommy this paper! I can't believe how much I'm wearing off on her!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That is so sweet! For her to have made it for you! And how sweet of you to give her the WHOLE year of Mary Engelbreit calendar pages! I just love what she made for you! I picture her thinking of you as she added each picture! The icing on the cake, of course, is the 5 Year Old Little Girl at the Lake! You watch, Mary will be painting this one soon! Thank you for sharing this! Oh, and have fun on your weekend getaway in Napa!