Monday, September 10, 2007

More Middle Name Game and the 5 & 10 Club!




By now, most of you know that Heidi of Everyday Cookies and I are sisters! Last week I wrote about the sweet club we had when we were little called the "5 and 10 Club". I'm sure I was the president! Here's a picture of just the 2 of us at those ages! Wasn't little Heidi adorable? I think she was holding her 5 fingers up to prove she was 5. This was Christmas time at our Grandma and Grandpa's house, and we are holding our new dolls. My doll was named Betty, and believe it or not, I still have her!!! She's missing some body parts after being played with by my 4 younger sisters and 2 nieces before I was given her back! I even have a couple of her dresses! I don't feel emotionally attached to her, as I would if I still had my original Betsy-Wetsy. My sister Kathy whose daughters played with her spent quite a bit of time contacting various doll hospitals, checking out what it would take to restore her. But, they all claimed I might as well just completely replace her.

I tagged 2 of my other sisters, Sue and Genece to play the Middle Name Game! They are such good sports that they participated. Neither has a blog, quite yet, so I'll post their middle names here, since I was the one who tagged them.

First, we have my darling, cheerful sister Genece Elizabeth! (Sunshine!)
| Permalink
E ~ Every morning His mercies are new.
L ~ Love is the greatest thing.
I ~ I'm a child of the King.
Z ~ Zephaniah 3:17C "...He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
A ~ All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.
B ~ Blessed are the poor in spirit.
E ~ East to the West - so far has he removed my transgressions from me.
T ~ Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
H ~ Hope - One of the things that remain

Next is my sweet and charming sister, Susan Naomi:
(OK, OK, I'll play!!)
N: Neo-Empty Nester (on 9/16 when we drop off Ben @ OSU!) Me: DH Rick:
A: Aiming for the finish line @ the Prefontaine 10K race (9/15) - walking w/ 3 friends!
O: Open to a New Season in my life and looking to God for new directions...
M: Mothers are Forever, though! Welcomed #5, Ruby, on 5/19/07 when she married my son!
I: I love flowers! Irises along the fenceline in my yard bloomed for the 1st time this year, then were promptly eaten by the 2 horses in the field outside the fence


All of my 5 sisters and 3 brothers have a close walk with God, who we consider our loving Heavenly Father. How wonderful it is to pray and know God hears us! On my way to church yesterday, I got a flat tire on a busy freeway here and had to pull off. I had left my cell phone home on the kitchen table, of course, on the day I really needed it. So, I prayed, then left my car to walk to the next freeway exit. This is very dangerous to do here! There was a big 20 ft tall retainer wall in that section so I couldn't leave the freeway. After I'd walked about 1/2 a mile, a car pulled over in front of me, amazingly. I ran up to it and saw an older lady sitting in it, eager to help me! She let me sit in her call and call AAA. I consider her very nice, brave, and angelic! she was so calm and sweet to me. I was just shaking and so scared I could barely talk on the phone. She offered to drive me in reverse all the way back to my car, but I told her it'd be too dangerous for her and that I'd be fine. I just thanked her all I could for her kindness and headed back to my car. The tow truck driver came pretty quickly and changed my tire.

Once he'd finished, I said something that may have seemed very odd to the tow truck driver. I asked him if he'd like a cup of coffee! I just realized tonight that he probably didn't realize I had dispensers of coffee and tea in my car, as well as a couple pies I was taking to church for our snack table! Did he think I was asking him on a date to Starbucks or something??? Horrors! I really laughed at myself tonight, when I thought that all through. Anyway, that tire story was a little too much of a spark for my engine this weekend. We had a new tire installed this morning, and the verdict was that I'd driven over a razor blade.

Oh, and since this is supposed to be the artsy corner of my life, I have big news! I started another new collage this afternoon! Pictures coming, later this week when I finish it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you posted Sue's and Genece's middle name answers! Both are great, I learned some things!

I can't believe you asked the tow man out to coffee. LOL, how funny! He had no clue you had a thermos in your car? LOL, that's a funny one, Sallie!

I love this old picture you found, you sure have some good ones. Except, I don't really like the look on my face...was the sun in my eyes? LOL, I was 5? See how were wore dresses even in the cold, cold winter in eastern Washington? Burr. I have no recollection of my doll. Do you? She looks sweet. Wish I remembered her.