Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Favorite Things!

This picture is one of my all-time favorites of my kids. 18 years ago. It's FALL and Nathan's going back to school, and Erica is happy to walk him home from school. I see his soccer shirt, the trees turning colors, and long shadows: sure signs of Fall! Here's my response to the Favorite Things Challenge on Heidi's site!

Sound – 1. Silence 2. Purring 3. Mail man leaving lots for me!


Late Night Snack – Ice cream!!! (Any flavor and in any form that someone here buys is great!) I'm eating Heath Bar Crunch Poppers right now! Yum!


Smell – 1.Clean-like dishes being washed or shampoo 2. The forest 3. The beach


Color Combination – 1. Pink and beige 2. Red and yellow


Nut – Trail Mix! (With plenty of M&Ms in it!)


Time of Year – Fall


Books – Fiction. My favorites include Robert Ludlum (The Borne Identity)


Female Actress – Meryl Streep?


Flower – 1. Sunflower 2. Daisy 3. Calla Lily


Vacation Spot – My own backyard! (OK, OK give me a travel brochure - I'm very easy to please!)


Pizza – Just cheese on it - no sauce (Is that focaccia bread?)


Subject in School – Nutrition ( and lunch!)


TV Channel – Depends on what I'm watching!


Radio Station – (No favorites: Contemporary Christian or oldies rock)


Holiday – 1. Christmas!!!

2. Thanksgiving 3. Mother's Day! (Am I allowed to say that?)


Perfume – I don't own a drop! Years ago, I loved Jasmine flower; also Firefox; and sometimes Youth Dew - til I realized my DH's grandmother wore it! Now, I just don't care for perfume and it sometimes gives me a headache.


Shoes – flip-flops!


Candy – 1. My own Almond Roca! 2nd place: Reece's Peanut Butter Cups


City to Shop – Home Sweet Home so I know all the secrets.


Beauty Products – I really need help, here!


Item to Shop For – Craft supplies, home decorative items, tops


I'll repeat what Heidi said: I’m not tagging any one by name, but just anyone who read this who wants to play!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You said: Subject in School – Nutrition ( and lunch!)


LOL, that sure made me laugh! And, someday, closer to Christmas maybe, you MUST share your secret Almond Roca recipe! I remember the year you were perfecting it, luckily you were here for a portion of that research!!!!!! YUM!

e.beck.artist said...

i love that picture of your kids ......
somehow i got behind in reading your blog.... but i'm all caught up again now!