Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Name the Wildflower!


Here's my little wildflower plant! I need help, though! I don't know what it is! Erica went to a wedding this spring, and was given some wildflower seeds to plant as a take-home favor. The blooms are so lovely, but what is it?

Another guessing game! Guess who had glitter on their face last night? There's so much talk in Blog-land about glitter, glitter, glitter, and I find it incredibly messy. So, I did some experiments with glitter at the kitchen table yesterday. Does it stick better with glue, decoupage, varnish, and how about several layers of it? Anyway, that was fun and I have some useful results for my crafting! Hours later, I went to Nathan's room to talk to him...and his face was shimmery! He has glitter on his face! Boy, did I laugh! He's not a likely person to be using glitter in our house! Nathan, my recent college graduated son. Here's what his loving and encouraging Aunt Heidi sent him. I just love the award ribbon with his picture!!!! (How do you DO those ribbon fans, Heidi?) She also made him this special card with a picture of him at about age 10 and his school initials, SJSU. On the back of the card was more flattering encouragement illustrated by Mary Engelbreit: "If you have knowledge let others light their candles by it." There sure is a lot of sharing of knowledge here in various Blogs. So many share pictures, skills, techniques, patterns, recipes, and other "How-To-s. Nathan is sorting through his room, cleaning out the school-day books and supplies. He bought a large storage cabinet for the garage to help store things! Brilliant! (All those college $$ are really paying off!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no clue on that pretty wild flower! It doesn't look "wild" to me! Maybe Sue would know?

Nate let you really put that magnent on the refrigerator? :) Sweet!

I'll have to show you a picture of the best glitter-thingie that I've found!

Watch out. Glitter hurts when you get it in your eye with a contact! But it's fun to sparkle!