Sunday, June 17, 2007

Swaps and More Swaps!!!






Well, we're back to normal here temperature wise. My next door neighbor, who's lived here over 50 years, broke down and installed an air-conditioner last week! It was that toasty! I think some of my stickers even melted together!

First, here's what my sweet swap partner, Briana, sent me for the Mary Engelbreit swap. She just touched my heart, the way she hunted high and low for Mary Engelbreit items in her area. She mentioned in her letter shopping at 9 different stores for me, finding only these 2 items in no other patterns! She thoughtfully hand made me thiese 2 pretty flower magnets! I love them! Briana, I collect bookmarks, and just love this one! And I've never seen this magnet, it's fantastic! Thank you very much!!! (Should I send you some gas money? Ha!)

I'm in Jenny's "Bits & Pieces" Collage Swap!!! It's supposed to be a "what's left on your craft table" collage. My, my, my this is fun! Just for fun, and to practice, I made a collage for Erica! (But, hint, hint, hint: just maybe I'll use some of these same ideas for you, Amy! If you read this!) I'm in the middle of making my swap collage, the real collage. Next week I'll post a picture of it. The collage is on a 9" by 12" piece of stretched canvas!!! I've never bought a piece of canvas before, much less paint and collage on it - what a thrill! I felt so proud, standing in line at Michael's with a piece of canvas...I'm what you could call "artistically challenged". But boy oh boy, I do love to collage! I'm really looking forward to pictures of what the other 65 people in this swap make!

Lastly, are my 6 ATCs for the "Watercolor on Baby Wipe" swap. I just love this background technique! Try it! It's like making your own colorful fabric.

Well, off I go to go dream up some more ideas for little 3" collage squares!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I can picture you there in line at Michael's with your proud purchase, an artist canvas, or two! You're ahead of me, that's for sure! I love those sweet hand-made ME magnets your swap partner made for you! Those are so cute! That was very sweet of her! I love your "bits and pieces collage" practice gift for Erica! Lucky Erica! I'm glad it's cooled off for you now, heat inhibits artists. I can hardly wait to see the "real" collage! Have a great day.