Monday, July 30, 2007

My Art Doll Hat for Cheryl








Here's the Art Doll Hat I made for Cheryl (Artsy Fartsy). I wanted to design something extra special for her, so I surprised her by making the doll with her daughter's face! Her daughter is very pretty, and I grew to really love her darling face, the more I sat and admired the doll! I used a premade cone for the skirt, and covered it in a gathered vintage fabric, with a lacy overskirt. Her wings are real ferns that I pressed and layered between some sheets of clear contact paper. Her wand and collar have jewels, and she has a layered top, which was painted, glittered, and covered with netting. Her head and body is backed with vintage sheet music. I really enjoyed styling this art doll for Cheryl, and sure hope she likes it! The doll in the purple skirt is one I showed last week. I just remade the wings and wand! She was my practice doll. Soon she'll be getting a "friend" in the mail from my swap partner.

1 comment:

e.beck.artist said...

hey! fern wings is an awesome idea...love that...cute dolls...but really, we need a pic of you wearing it....it is a hat after all........